Prizewinners of the 1955 Speech Day.
Girls' High School Staff Tennis 1955, left to right:
Unknown - Miss Palethorpe (History) - Miss Chandler (Langs) - Miss Ewan (Head) - Miss Ellerby (PE) - Mrs Atkins (Geog)
Hockey Team, probably 1956
The foundation stone was laid in 1936 and the new building opened officially on 2nd November 1937.
Reunion & Celebrations Saturday, 30th June 2007 (contact Hon. Sec. for more information)
4 Decades of memories ... sent in by Joyce Lunn (50s), Sandra Firth (60s), Karen Rouse (70s) & others...
The award-winning choir of 1956
1969 - Margret Swaby, Ann Tatam, Susan Miles, Jackie -, Susan Jury, Helen Bowe
1969 - A French penfriend, Yvonne Broadbent, Susan Jury, Pauline Bullyment, Marguerite Leaning
1969 - Susan Jury, Angela Meadows, Janice Walters, Jackie -
c. 1967 (Boggle Hole Youth Hostel) - Unknown, Margaret Swaby, Miss Aaron, Christine Jesney, Ruby Jackson
1969 - Penny Smith
1969 - Sandra Kitchen, Jackie -
1969 - Susan Jury, Jackie -
The building opened in November 1937 is now Sir John Nelthorpe Lower School
The Upper Va of 1946 with Miss Maddock
Upper and Lower VI of 1947 - centre front June Ellis, Head Girl
A Form IVα from the 1970s - the May 2007 Mystery Pic